C O D E S R I A C O M M U N I T Y

Please Wait For Loading

Join the Community of Social Science and Humanities Scholars in Africa community@codesria.org

CODESRIA Charter Amendment Proposals

CODESRIA Charter Amendment Proposals

10th July 2023 CODESRIA Comments Off

Dear CODESRIA Members, Dear Colleagues,

The dates of the 14th General Assembly of CODESRIA are fast approaching. The Scientific Conference of the General Assembly (GA) will be held on 8-9-10 June 2015, and the business/governance session will be held on 11 and 12 June 2015.

One of the important items on the agenda of the governance session is the review of the CODESRIA Charter. On behalf of the Executive Committee of CODESRIA, I would like to bring to your attention the report of the CODESRIA Membership and Governance Review Committee that was set up by the Executive Committee nearly two years ago, together with the comments of the Executive Committee on the report.

Following the recommendations of the Membership and Governance Review Committee, the Executive Committee would like to invite CODESRIA members to consider amending the CODESRIA Charter during the 14th General Assembly, along the lines proposed in the CODESRIA Charter Amendment Proposals attached that I would also like to bring to your attention.

The Charter Amendment Proposals will be discussed during the governance / business session of the 14th General Assembly that will be held in Dakar on 11-12 June 2015, immediately after the Scientific Conference, and members will be invited to adopt them.

I would like to invite all members and friends to read and discuss the report of the Membership and Governance Review Committee and the Charter Amendment Proposals of the Executive Committee, and share your views on both documents with the Executive Committee, and with other CODESRIA Members. Please send your comments to the following email address: executive.secretary@codesria.sn .

The CODESRIA Newsletter and CODESRIA Bulletin are also open to members who would like to write articles related to the report of the Review Committee, or the Charter Amendment Proposals.

The theme of the Scientific Conference of the 14th General Assembly is “Creating African Futures in an Era of Global Transformations”. The discussion on CODESRIA Membership and Governance and the Charter Amendment Proposals are about creating the future we want for CODESRIA.

With all good wishes,

Sincerely,

Ebrima Sall
Executive Secretary

WhatsApp RA(CTA)
X